Friday, February 25, 2011

2.25.2011

"there is vomit by the toilet." I warn her. "i just didn't want you to have to clean it up."

i use these words like a mason jar.
the words I can't say I try to imagine them and put them in this for you.

...  in the vase of these words of warning.

 I imagine each one polka dotted and odd number petal.

"the vomit. it's not mine."

"oh no is it bad?"

"yeah. you can tell what the guy ate."

"gross. well thanks for telling me. It's before the new guy just went home."

I have driven out of my way. a thousand miles out of the way.

no. fuck that.

it was further.

from the moon or mars- whichever is the one that's further

I had to arm wrestle andre the giants ghost on the way back from the

milky way.

i had to face a firing squad.
wrote your name on my last cigarette.

tamed the wild stallion that i rode in out of town.

paratrooped with jimi hendrix

I have dranken a baptismal fount so the holiness can course through my venis.

thinking that maybe on some world out there I could be buried next to you one day.

not for a while. if the good lord sees fit.

I have out shot every outlaw between us.

spinned on the corkscrew with every bottle that drawed to get in my way.

busted my chin on your pool table.

chipped my teeth on my pride on the way down

to warn you about the partially digested pizza or spaghetti. something with a lot of marina.

(uh.... it was watered down a lot too. but not by water. by beer.)

and it was worth it.